Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

I've been so busy this year making Valentine's for other people, but I did manage to set aside a bit of time to make a few things for the special people in my life. My kids are at the age now when they really enjoy getting cards from their loved ones. I found two vintage images that reminded me of my daughter and son to use on their cards this year.

 
After Christmas I decided to take a candy break--we had so much in the house around the holidays it seemed like my kids were surviving on a sugar only diet! Although my kids weren't as enthusastic about the idea as Mom--they actually went along with it without throwing any major temper tantrums, and my son even caught himself when asking for candy with a "oh right, no candy until Valentine's day." So since they did such a super job and since they are awesome all around kids I put together a bag of their favorite candy's for them so that they can indulge a bit on Feb. 14th!

 
When I found the cutest pastel mail boxes in the dollar section of Target I knew I had to have them. With a bit of embelishment they make the perfect containers for the kids Valentines candy.


 I guess I've been kind of on a postal kick this year in my Valentine's crafting. Some of my favorite vintage die cut images are of cute little mail carriers in their spiffy blue uniforms. I sure hope they are going to be stopping by my house this year with one of those cute heart adorned envelopes!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment