Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cute As A Button: Design Challenge

Design challenges are so much fun! I used to do so many a few years ago, but sadly have felt I haven't had time for them in the last few years.

I hope no one minds that I decided to play along with The Shabby Tea Room's latest design challenge. I always love their fun and inspiring challenges, even if I seldomly play along. I couldn't resist this one though since it featured one of my favorite color combos of blue, red, white and what looks like a hint of aqua--and buttons, I've always been partial to buttons! Well, I was compelled to join in the fun!

Shabby Tea Room's Design Inspiration


I just love this card, especially the little crafty girl in her blue dress laced with darling red heart. She is certainly one of my favorite little vintage ladies. I also loved the glittered red buttons against the aqua seam binding. My favorite shop for crinkled seam binding is Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy--she carries a lovely product, the colors are especially vibrant and their is just enough crinkle in the ribbon. I glittered the buttons by covering them with versa mark and then heating a coat of Stampin' Up's Irridescent Ice embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment